Applications are closed. This webpage will be updated when funding becomes available again.
IION-Canadore – Skills Training in Advanced Manufacturing and Production (icSTAMP) is a 25-week paid placement which combines practical experience and soft skills training through educational and experiential learning in an applied research and development environment.
Participants work at the company location every Monday & Tuesday and receive training at Canadore College and Canadore College’s Innovation Centre for Advanced Manufacturing and Production (ICAMP) every Wednesday, Thursday & Friday.
icSTAMP has 4 core components:
1) Research and Development Project: A company identified R&D project challenging participants to find solutions through their work at ICAMP and at the company location.
2) Lab Work at Canadore College’s Innovation Centre for Advanced Manufacturing and Production (ICAMP): Practical training on 3D plastic and metal printers, 3D scanners, waterjet cutter, robotics and more.
3) Advanced Manufacturing Canadore College Certificate (advanced level courses): A combination of theoretical and hands-on experience in advanced and additive manufacturing technology, techniques and processes providing a solid foundation of knowledge and skills required to operate in a modern manufacturing environment.
4) Personal and Professional Development Workshops: Workshops on topics such as leadership, teamwork, communication/public speaking, continuous improvement, time management and strategic/critical thinking.
All courses in the Advanced Manufacturing Canadore College Certificate are listed below. Please note that these are advanced level courses and have class, lab & field work components.
- Introduction to Additive Manufacturing
- Estimating and Project Management
- Advanced Manufacturing Processes 1
- SolidWorks Design
- Manufacturing Project 1
- Metrology and Quality Control
- Manufacturing Materials
- Fundamentals of Robotics
- Advanced Manufacturing Processes 2
- Engineering Operations Management
- Manufacturing Project 2
Eligibility & Requirements
Company applicants must be registered for-profit companies in the advanced manufacturing sector and are located within one of the following districts: Nipissing, Timiskaming, Parry Sound or Muskoka. Company applications must have identified projects for the participant to complete at the company location & Canadore College ICAMP. Emphasis will be placed on applicants who demonstrate the potential to create jobs, increase revenue and grow the economy.
Company applications will be required to hire the participant as a full-time t$ employee for the 25-weeks and schedule them to work at minimum 37.5 hours/week. IION provides companies with a competitive wage subsidy of $9,375 to apply to the participant’s wage. Company applicants must provide a minimum cash contribution ($4,687.50) towards the project in a portion of the participants wage ($5/hour for 37.5 hours/week for 25 weeks). The company applicant is also responsible for the CPP/EI employer contributions.. Successful applicants will be required to register as an IION client and fill out occasional surveys as a reporting requirement.
To ensure clarity on the program and its qualifying conditions please contact Emily Ryan: 705-474-7600 ext. 5660 or [email protected]
Eligibility & Requirements:
Participant applicants must be legally entitled to work in Canada and must have graduated from an engineering or trades related field. Participant applicants must agree to complete the 4 mandatory core components of the program.
To ensure clarity on the program and its qualifying conditions please contact Matthew Doherty: 705-474-7600 ext. 5602 or [email protected]