The next start date for this program is Spring of 2019. If you are interested in participating either as a company or as a participant, please contact Anne Brûlé: 705-474-7600 ext. 5661 or [email protected] for more information.
IION-Canadore – Skills Training in Advanced Manufacturing and Production (icSTAMP) is a 25-week (June- December 2018) paid placement which combines practical experience and soft skills training through educational and experiential learning in an applied research and development environment.
icSTAMP has 4 core components:
1) Advanced Manufacturing Canadore College Certificate (advanced level courses): A combination of theoretical and hands-on experience in advanced and additive manufacturing technology, techniques and processes providing a solid foundation of knowledge and skills required to operate in a modern manufacturing environment.
2) Lab Work at Canadore College’s Innovation Centre for Advanced Manufacturing and Production (ICAMP): Practical training on 3D plastic and metal printers, 3D scanners, waterjet cutter, robotics and more.
3) Research and Development Project: A company identified R&D project challenging participants to find solutions through their work at ICAMP and at the company location.
4) Personal and Professional Development Workshops: Soft skills training (leadership, communication, etc.) and workshops relating to the advanced manufacturing sector such as Lean Manufacturing principles.
Participants will be at the company location on Mondays & Tuesdays and completing class and lab work at Canadore College on Wednesday, Thursdays and Fridays.
All courses listed below are advanced level courses and have class, lab & field work components.
- Introduction to Additive Manufacturing
- Estimating and Project Management
- Advanced Manufacturing Processes 1
- SolidWorks Design
- Manufacturing Project 1
- Metrology and Quality Control
- Manufacturing Materials
- Fundamentals of Robotics
- Advanced Manufacturing Processes 2
- Engineering Operations Management
- Manufacturing Project 2
For questions regarding the Canadore College Certification and pre-requisites, please contact: Mark Lamontagne : 705-474-7600 ext. 5680 or [email protected]
Eligibility & Requirements
Company applicants must be registered for-profit companies in the advanced manufacturing sector who have identified research and development projects and are located within one of the following districts: Nipissing, Timiskaming, Parry Sound or Muskoka. Emphasis will be placed on applicants who demonstrate the potential to create jobs, increase revenue and grow the economy.
IION provides companies with a competitive wage subsidy of $9,375 to apply to the participant’s wage. Company applicants will be required to top up the participant’s wage with an additional $4,687.50 (over and above the subsidy amount); which represents the minimum company required contribution. The applicant is also responsible for the CPP/EI employer contributions. Successful applicants will be required to register as an IION client and fill out occasional surveys as a reporting requirement.
Benefits for companies:
– Highly-skilled trained worker subsidized for 25-weeks
– Focused support on solving an advanced manufacturing challenge through a R&D project
– Access to cutting edge technology at Canadore College ICAMP
To ensure clarity on the program and its qualifying conditions please contact Emily Ryan: 705-474-7600 ext. 5660 or [email protected]
Eligibility & Requirements:
Participant applicants must be legally entitled to work in Canada and possess an Ontario Secondary School Diploma (OSSD) or equivalent; certification in engineering or related field is recommended. Applicants must agree to complete the 25-week paid placement with the matched company and register as a Canadore student.
Benefits for participants
– An opportunity for skill development
– Training and use of cutting edge manufacturing technology
– Obtain practical hands-on experience within an innovative company
– Obtain a College Certificate
To ensure clarity on the program and its qualifying conditions please contact Anne Brûlé: 705-474-7600 ext. 5661 or [email protected]
*A company and participant match must be made to move onto the selection committee. Applications are subject to a competitive review process.