IION-Canadore – Skills Training in Advanced Manufacturing and Production (icSTAMP) is a 25-week
(June 18th – December 7th 2018) paid placement which combines practical experience and soft skills training through educational and experiential learning in an applied research and development environment.
icSTAMP has 4 core components:
1) Advanced Manufacturing Canadore College Certificate (advanced level courses): A combination of theoretical and hands-on experience in advanced and additive manufacturing technology, techniques and processes providing a solid foundation of knowledge and skills required to operate in a modern manufacturing environment.
2) Lab Work at Canadore College’s Innovation Centre for Advanced Manufacturing and Production (ICAMP): Practical training on 3D plastic and metal printers, 3D scanners, waterjet cutter, robotics and more.
3) Research and Development Project: A company identified R&D project challenging participants to find solutions through their work at ICAMP and at the company location.
4) Personal and Professional Development Workshops: Soft skills training (leadership, communication, etc.) and workshops relating to the advanced manufacturing sector such as Lean Manufacturing principles.
The Advanced Manufacturing Canadore College Certificate program is designed to have course work combining class, lab & field work with a company on an identified R&D project.
All courses listed below are advanced level courses and have class, lab & field work components.
- Introduction to Additive Manufacturing
- Estimating and Project Management
- Advanced Manufacturing Processes 1
- SolidWorks Design
- Manufacturing Project 1
- Metrology and Quality Control
- Manufacturing Materials
- Fundamentals of Robotics
- Advanced Manufacturing Processes 2
- Engineering Operations Management
- Manufacturing Project 2
For questions regarding the Canadore College Certification and pre-requisites, please contact: Mark Lamontagne : 705-474-7600 ext. 5680 or [email protected]
Eligibility & Requirements
Company applicants must be registered for-profit companies in the advanced manufacturing sector who have identified research and development projects and are located within one of the following districts: Nipissing, Timiskaming, Parry Sound or Muskoka. Emphasis will be placed on applicants who demonstrate the potential to create jobs, increase revenue and grow the economy.
IION provides companies with a competitive wage subsidy of $9,375 to apply to the participant’s wage. Company applicants will be required to top up the participant’s wage with an additional $4,687.50 (over and above the subsidy amount); which represents the minimum company required contribution. The applicant is also responsible for the CPP/EI employer contributions. Successful applicants will be required to register as an IION client and fill out occasional surveys as a reporting requirement.
Benefits for companies:
– Highly-skilled trained worker subsidized for 25-weeks
– Focused support on solving an advanced manufacturing challenge through a R&D project
– Access to cutting edge technology at Canadore College ICAMP
To ensure clarity on the program and its qualifying conditions please contact Emily Ryan: 705-474-7600 ext. 5660 or [email protected]
Eligibility & Requirements:
Participant applicants must be legally entitled to work in Canada and possess an Ontario Secondary School Diploma (OSSD) or equivalent; certification in engineering or related field is recommended. Applicants must agree to complete the 25-week paid placement with the matched company and register as a Canadore student.
Benefits for participants
– An opportunity for skill development
– Training and use of cutting edge manufacturing technology
– Obtain practical hands-on experience within an innovative company
– Obtain a College Certificate
To ensure clarity on the program and its qualifying conditions please contact Anne Brûlé: 705-474-7600 ext. 5661 or [email protected]
Applications are due by June 4th, 2018
*A company and participant match must be made to move onto the selection committee. Applications are subject to a competitive review process.