IION’s Entrepreneurship Development Program (EDP) has made adaptations out of an abundance of caution due to COVID-19. We want to ensure we are doing everything we can to support businesses during these unprecedented times. The following adaptions to ensure the health and safety of all parties involved in EDP are as follows:
- The mandatory professional development days will be done live, virtually, throughout the 16-week period via the Zoom platform. These days will be 7 half-day sessions in 4-hour timeframes.
- Existing employees that have been hired in last 12 months that are being reassigned to a new project or product line within the business can be eligible as participants.
- Reminder that there is no longer the youth component to this program; any age is eligible to participate.
Program Insight on the Innovation Retreat From Past Participants
Funded by FedNor and Ontario Trillium Foundation, IION’s Entrepreneurship Development Program (EDP) is a 16-week paid placement involving experiential and educational learning for high potential participants interested in innovation and entrepreneurship.
IION-EDP provides for-profit innovative companies with a competitive wage subsidy of $7,200 to apply to the participant’s wage ($12/hour for 37.5/hours/week) nurturing and building the participant’s skills while increasing the SME’s ability to innovate and commercialize.
There are 3 components that participant must complete:
1) Hands-on learning: Participants are matched with an innovative company to work on identified project(s) to achieve milestones
2) Online guided & structured entrepreneurial educational program
3) Virtual/soft skills professional development activities
When does EDP occur?
Monday, May 3- Friday, August 20
**Please note, if you have previously received EDP funding (either in 2019 or 2020) you are not eligible this year for EDP funding.**
DEADLINE TO APPLY IS FRIDAY, APRIL 9, 2021
FAQ for Companies
FAQ for Participants
PROUDLY SUPPORTED BY: