IION’s May-August cohort of the Entrepreneurship Development Program (EDP) is still moving forward with some adaptations out of an abundance of caution due to COVID-19. We want to ensure we are doing everything we can to support your business during these unprecedented times. The following adaptions to ensure the health and safety of all parties involved in EDP are as follows:
- The five days of mandatory professional development (Ignition Day, Innovation Retreat & Professional Development Day) will be done live, virtually, throughout the 16-week period via an online platform. These days will be spread out throughout the program in 4-hour timeframes.
- Existing employees that have been hired in last 6-12 months that are being reassigned to a new project or product line within the business can be eligible as participants. Reminder that there is no longer the youth component to this program; any age is eligible to participate.
- Application deadline has been extended to Friday, April 10th, 2020.
Applications remain open on our website: https://iion.ca/edp/ and companies are encouraged to contact IION with any questions that they may have.
PARTICIPANTS: Please download & fill out the form below to apply:
COMPANIES: Please download & fill out the form below to apply:
Funded by FedNor and Ontario Trillium Foundation, IION’s Entrepreneurship Development Program (EDP) (formally known as the Youth Entrepreneurship Placement Program) is a 16-week paid placement involving experiential and educational learning for high potential participants interested in innovation and entrepreneurship.
IION-EDP provides for-profit innovative companies with a competitive wage subsidy of $7,200 to apply to the participant’s wage ($12/hour for 37.5/hours/week) nurturing and building the participant’s entrepreneurial capacity while increasing the SME’s ability to innovate and commercialize.
There are 3-core components to this program that participant must complete:
1) Hands-on learning: Participants are matched with an innovative company
2) Educational learning: Guided & structured entrepreneurial educational program
3) Experiential learning: 5-days of off-site personal and professional development activities
When does EDP occur?
The next cohort will start Monday, May 4th, 2020
IION-EDP FAQ for Companies
IION-EDP FAQ for Participants
PROUDLY SUPPORTED BY: