Young Entrepreneurs, Make Your Pitch is a high school entrepreneurship competition presented by the Ministry of Economic Development, Employment and Infrastructure and Ontario Centres of Excellence as part of the Youth Jobs Strategy.
The contest challenges students in Grades 9-12 to pitch their business ideas in a two-minute video that will be voted on by the public and expert judges. Finalists will present their ideas in front of a judging panel in Toronto at Discovery for a chance to receive reserved entry into the Summer Company program.
Who can enter the contest?
- You are eligible for this contest if you are a Canadian citizen or landed immigrant enrolled full-time in an Ontario high school in Grades 9-12.
- Immediate family members of employees of the Ministry of Economic Development, Employment and Infrastructure, Ministry of Research and Innovation or Ontario Centres of Excellence are not eligible to enter this contest.
- If you are under the age of 18 at the time of entry, you must have the entry form signed by a parent or legal guardian.
- To qualify for funding through Summer Company, winners must meet all of the Summer Company Program Guidelines.
- Contest entries can be done on an individual or team basis. Teams may include up to four (4) students and will be required to name a team representative, who will be responsible for submitting the entry form and serving as the team’s primary contact for the contest.
- If a team is selected as a winner, the team representative will be awarded the prize
For more information please visit the contest website at: http://www.makeyourpitch.ca