Terms and Conditions
1. Mandate: Innovation Initiatives Ontario North is composed of seasoned business entrepreneurs, executives and professionals from a variety of backgrounds and sectors, as well as administrative staff. The mandate of Innovation Initiatives Ontario North is to accelerate innovation and economic development in Northern Ontario, primarily by providing assistance to technology based clients.
2. Services: Innovation Initiatives Ontario North is a member of the Ontario Network of Entrepreneurs (ONE), and as a Regional Innovation Centre (RIC) IION helps RIC client companies start, grow and succeed by providing general guidance, mentoring, advice, connections and feedback across a broad spectrum of business issues.
3. Engagement: Client acknowledges and accepts the following engagement parameters:
(a) Client agreement commences on the acceptance and submission of the Terms and Conditions.
(b) A representative from Innovation Initiatives Ontario North will contact the Client within one week of the submission of Terms and Conditions.
(c) It is at the discretion of Innovation Initiatives Ontario North to commence work with a Client after the initial contact.
(d) It is at the discretion of Innovation Initiatives Ontario North to discontinue services with the Client. Notice is not required.
4. Client Obligations
(a) The client must complete Innovation Initiatives Ontario North’s intake form before any services are provided. This data is required for government reporting and will be sent to a secure third party, known as Data Catalyst, for reporting and to build the data layer for the innovation economy.
(b) This agreement will commence on the date that is it filed online, and the acceptance of Term and Conditions has been checked.
(c) The Client agrees to submit, upon request by Innovation Initiatives Ontario North, or its representatives, information or relevant statistical data as required.
This information includes, but is not limited to, all information requested in the client intake form.
(d) The Client acknowledges that it is not permitted to use Innovation Initiatives Ontario North’s name in connection with any attempt to secure financing for the Client’s business or other fundraising, in connection with any other document or publication or its marketing or promotional actives without the prior written consent of Innovation Initiatives Ontario North, except that the Client may identify itself as a Client of Innovation Initiatives Ontario North.
5. Limitation of Liability
(a) Client acknowledges that Innovation Initiatives Ontario North and any third party contractor contracted by Innovation Initiatives Ontario North makes no representations or warranties, express or implied, to the client with regard to Services, or that the Services will result in or cause the Client’s business venture to succeed or achieve specific objectives. The Client has no duty to comply with or follow any advice or recommendations given by Innovation Initiatives Ontario North, and the Client shall retain full right and authority to conduct business in accordance with its own judgment. Innovation Initiatives Ontario North shall not be restricted by anything provided herein from providing consultation, advice, connections and services to any other person or entity engaged in businesses which are similar to or competitive with Client’s business; provided however, that Innovation Initiatives Ontario North will not disclose to any other Innovation Initiatives Ontario North client any proprietary information relating to Client or Client’s business, as provided in Schedule A. In no instance shall Innovation Initiatives Ontario North be deemed to have any fiduciary or other similar duties or obligations to Clients, nor shall Innovation Initiatives Ontario North be deemed to have any implied duties pursuant to this agreement. No third party is an intended beneficiary of this Agreement.
(b) Client acknowledges and agrees that in no event shall Innovation Initiatives Ontario North, any of its directors, officers, employees, mentors or agents, and its paid Third Party Consultants, or any of their directors, officers, employees, or agents, have the liability whatsoever to the Client with respect to: (a) any use of or reliance by the Client or any of its agents or representatives on any of the Services provide by Innovation Initiatives Ontario North and its Third Party Consultants; (b) any loss of use of data, interruptions or business, or for the indirect, special, incidental, or consequential damages of any kind incurred by the Client; (c) any claim or other proceeding against the Client by a third party; or (d) any representation or warranty made to any third party by the Client.
6. Indemnification. Client indemnifies and holds harmless Innovation Initiatives Ontario North, its directors, officers, employees, members, mentors and agents, as well as Innovation Initiatives Ontario North’s Third Party Consultants and their directors, officers, employees and agents (collectively, the “Indemnities”) from and against any and all claims, actions, suits, proceedings, losses, damages, liabilities, costs, fees or expenses, joint or several (including without limitation reasonable legal fees) (collectively, the “Claims“) arising or resulting from or in connection with:
(a) any Services provided as detailed herein, except to the extent the Claims result solely from the gross negligence, recklessness, wilful or intentional misrepresentation, fraud or violation of law by the Indemnities;
(b) any action of Client, its directors, officers, employees or agents or shareholders or those for whom in law it is responsible with respect to the Services or in connection with Innovation Initiatives Ontario North and its Third Party Consultants or otherwise; or
(c) any actual or alleged infringement or misappropriation by the Client or any product or service developed or marketed by the Client of any patent, trademark, trade name, copyright or other proprietary or intellectual property right of any person or entity.
1) Any information given to Innovation Initiatives Ontario North that is not publicly available will be treated as confidential. Innovation Initiatives Ontario North will make all reasonable efforts to keep the information confidential within the Ontario Network of Entrepreneurs reporting process. Corporate names may be withheld.
2) Confidential information will not be used except as reasonably required to provide our services. Should it be formally requested in writing, any physical documentation provided to Innovation Initiatives Ontario North by the Client will be returned upon review and will not be copied or transcribed.
3) Any and all Client materials shared with Innovation Initiatives Ontario North will be clearly identified in understanding as Confidential.
4) Innovation Initiatives Ontario North may wish to share your confidential information with one of our partner organizations, if it is thought that their services can enhance or complement the suite of services offered by Innovation Initiatives Ontario North. Innovation Initiatives Ontario North will not do this without Client permission, which shall be provided in writing. Innovation Initiatives Ontario North will discuss with the Client, and will not proceed with the disclosure until the Client, indicating their agreement to this additional disclosure, has signed a written agreement.
5) Innovation Initiatives Ontario North may provide services to companies that are similar to the Client or ones that the Client considers to be a competitor, but will never disclose any of your proprietary information to other Clients.
6) Innovation Initiatives Ontario North cannot guarantee that a member within the ONE network or a partner organization does not have a conflict of interest, and could therefore receive information prior to disclosure of a conflict.
7) If the Client is concerned that anything said might be considered public disclosure and damage to the Client (for example, chances of receiving IP protection), the Client should consult with a qualified professional.
8) This agreement shall be governed in accordance with the laws of the Province of Ontario, and supersedes any previous agreements (formal or otherwise) between the two parties.